Tuesday, September 15, 2020

Father's Day treats


This year for Father's Day I decided to make one of my favorite desserts, that I knew Ryan would like :) We don't really have a name for it, just chocolate ice cream pie. It has always been one of my favorites, and my mom used to make it for Jennings family gatherings or for my sports banquets at school. Addison was happy to help, aka be a taste tester! 


Kind of hard to see, but there is chocolate all over her face from licking the mixer attachments. The mixture was ice cream and chocolate pudding. 


Then came the cool whip. She wanted to taste that too, so I gave her a spoon. Usually she is pretty timid and doesn't usually like to taste things when I tell her too (she's scared for some reason)..... but this day she went to town on the cool whip! 

We let the pie sit over night, and as you can see, she was ready for it the next night!! We were all pretty excited for this chocolate pie. I don't think it lasted long at our house! Last week at the grocery store, I bought more chocolate pudding so we can make it again. 


 And once again, trying to make things special and fun, I made homemade donuts. While cleaning and getting rid of things, I came across my Grandma Jennings' cookbook. She had a recipe for donuts and I actually had all the ingredients. Since COVID, we hadn't made any donut-runs to Casey's and we were feeling very deprived. So I made some :) We used cookie cutters and made them the shape of Mickey Mouse, Addison LOVED it. I used the air fryer and I would have to say, they were pretty good. But you had to tell yourself you were eating a delicious breakfast pastry, not think about Casey's donuts. If you didn't think about Casey's donuts, then mine were pretty good. Ha! 

No comments:

Post a Comment