Friday, January 26, 2018

Rothenburg

They had a tree decorating contest on the boat. The ISU Group was embarrassingly enthusiastic. Tracey and I thought they were kidding when a few of them told us their ideas, we just laughed and agreed. Little did we know, they were completely serious!! It was a little ridiculous!  


Rothenburg has a wall around the city. It was pretty interesting. Rothenburg was one of our favorite stops but we were there for such a short time. We didn't get time to do everything we wanted to do. There was a path at the top of the wall that went around the city and only took about 45 minutes to walk. We really wanted to do that but didn't have time! 


Ryan asked me what the Holiday Markets were selling or what they looked like. So I took a few photos. 

Rothenburg was known for their "Schneeballs" they were a flaky pastry, like a pie crust, and could be coated with a topping. 

Germany is famous for their nutcrackers. This was outside one of the big chain Christmas stores.




Here we are with our Gluhwein and Schneeball. Yes it was cold out. That's why we had to find a bakery and hot wine!! 

I bought Addison a doll in Rothenburg. I really struggled to find something for her, but I was happy with my purchase. I will see if I have a photo of her with it. She was TERRIFIED of it at first, but she will at least touch it now :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment