Tuesday, August 16, 2016

Weekend in Minnesota

In Week 14, Addison took her first trip out of the state. It would have been sooner but we spent our holiday weekends at home with me working on class projects. And Ryan and I went to MN to attend Makena's play, but left Addison at Grandma's. Anyways, we headed to Minneapolis for a Twins/White Sox game.

All dressed and ready to go! 

Got her all packed up on Saturday morning. I found some of Parker's car seat toys, so I added them to her seat.
I love the "what are you doing to me Mom?" look she is giving me! This was taken in the driveway, right before we left. She should have been tired and most of the time would have been asleep before we were out of Bondurant. But that day, we were half-way to Ames and she was still awake. Staring wide-eyed at the duck and the frog. We assumed she thought they were gonna get her, so she better stay awake. I told Ryan she will probably sleep with one eye open...... We cracked ourselves up. She finally did fall asleep about the time we got to Ames. That was a long time awake in the car for her! 
Then we had to wake her up when we got to Medford. We fed her, changed her, went to a couple stores then got back in the car, she instantly fell asleep again. We got to Minneapolis and Makena was waiting at the front door for us. 


The two girls!! Makena was pretty excited to play with Addison. She brought her friends over to play with her too. I should get her pictures, I know they took a lot! 

Conner insisted Addison hold the remote and thought it was pretty funny :) 

Conner took a whole bunch of photos on my phone. He was trying to get as many close-ups as possible. This one was pretty cute :) 


Makena was holding Addison and Photographer Conner was over her shoulder. 

So even after sleeping 3 hours in the car, about 30 minutes at Tracey's, this kiddo was still tired. This is how she was napping on Kelly's couch. She often times pulls her bow over her eyes while she sleeps. It might be too bright! 


So that night at Kelly's, we decided to hunt Pokemon. Ryan and I had never played but Dave and Parker were pro's.

Then we stopped at the park to play a little basketball. Addison slept during our walk too. This trip was exhausting! 

Ryan's favorite pajamas to dress her in. Not only are they ISU, but they are super soft. 

Makena was pretty excited to babysit Addison with Grandma Rita while we went to a baseball game. I will also mention that Grandma Rita had to put Addison's jean dress in the dryer twice while we were at the game because she soaked it with drool! She loves to suck on her clothes.  

Conner got a ball from the first base coach. He was the first kid that game to get a ball! 


We are pretty fortunate to have a sister with connections! Tracey got us row 1 tickets on the first base line. Pretty amazing seats! 

Conner's friend Mason got the next ball. Conner was pretty happy. 

The Twins were playing the White Sox. I supported my husband and wore White Sox shirt. We ended up being the losers though. Pretty sad when the Twins are pretty bad this year.....

I would say it was a pretty good first trip out of the state for Addison. We didn't stop for a photo op by the "Welcome to Minnesota" sign on I-35 because there isn't anywhere to pull off and I didn't figure it would be too safe. Plus Ryan and Addison put up with a lot of my crazy photos, I didn't want to press my luck ;) 



Here is our 14 week picture. She is wearing one of Makena's dresses. She liked wearing this dress because she can get it in her mouth. I showed Makena a picture of Addison in her dress and her response was "that dress is ugly!". haha! 


No comments:

Post a Comment