Thursday, August 4, 2016

Baptism

Oh boy, week 11 was a big week for you kid!! This was probably your most eventful week yet.
We started out the week by going shopping. This is what you looked like when we got home. You have done this a few times, I think the sun is too bright for you to sleep!



Then that afternoon, your dad called to tell us he was on his way home from work. I told you that we needed to do tummy time, we hadn't done it that day. So I flipped you on your belly on Henry's play mat. Within 20 seconds....you rolled over!! I was shocked. So I flipped you back over.....and you did it again!! So I did it one more time. This time I grabbed my phone and got this video
I was so excited I could hardly contain myself, haha. I managed to wait until your dad got home but I made him come watch before he could change his clothes. I was so worried you wouldn't do it. But you did! We probably made you do 10 more times that night. Then we Facetimed Grandma Rita & Grandpa Ron.....then you wouldn't do it and just got mad. We had wore you out. But we were so proud of you.


Then the next day was a super big day for you. You officially became a child of God at your baptism. Grandma Rita bought you a big frilly dress. You tolerated it well. We put a bow on you that was bigger than your head. I felt pretty bad when I took it off and could see the stitching indented in your head. Sorry.....
I think the tight head band made you cry. So your dad tried to stretch it out for you :) 
                                                                                                        You and your God-parents
Parker and Brayden wanted their picture with you. 

You were much happier when we removed the head band. You also loved pulling on all those ruffles! 
You were intently listening to me talk about what was going to happen.

I'm in love with your Noah's Ark cake, but apparently it bored you! Ha! 

Sarah at Lincoln-Center Hy-vee is awesome! The cake was exactly what I wanted and it was delicious too. 

The Prescott Family plus Addison


The Skjevelands met us at the church. Makena hadn't seen you since the day you were born. She was beyond excited to see you. We didn't make you ride in the car seat in the big fluffy dress, that's why you are in a t-shirt. 


With Pastor Josh - I was disappointed Paster Scott wasn't there but that's okay. Josh's sermon got a little long....he apparently didn't know we had Hickory Park waiting for us! 


With the grandparents




We actually got a good one with all the kids, this is quite an accomplishment! We were just missing cousin Nolan, then we would have had all your cousins! 

Good one of the Skjevelands

I love this picture! Definitely going on Grandma's Christmas Card 

Or maybe we just put their favorite grandchild on their Christmas card :) ha! 

The whole Julius clan



Grandpa Dale & Grandma Evonne

This one shows how big these dress was - your arms get kind of lost! 


 Parker and Makena got some pictures during the actual baptism.

You did great! Dad thinks we prepared for this day because for a while we washed your hair in the sink this same way before putting you in the tub. You were dead asleep before you got baptized. But you didn't cry at all! 

4 kids in the front row....Makena did a good job of keeping the boys in line. 
You and your cake

We are so proud of your dad.....he can carry you along with 5 beers :) 

As I said before, I'm in love with this cake! 

So after the baptism, we all went back to Grandma & Grandpa's house in Ames. We had ribs & pork from Hickory Park, Grandma & I made beef brisket, cheesy potatoes, baked beans, deviled eggs, fruits & veggies, cake and cookies!! No one went hungry and we ate for a week afterwards! And we drank some beer of course. It was a great day and so happy everyone got together to celebrate your baptism! You have a pretty cool family if I do say so myself :) 

So on Sunday after everyone left, I was helping Grandma Rita clean the house. I was loading the food in the car and went to find you and Dad so we could go home. I found you just like this. You two slept like this for about two hours! 


Then we got home and I went to take a nap. I got up about an hour later and came downstairs to find this. Yes your dad does sleep like that. Getting baptized and partying is hard work!! Whew!! 

I would also like to mention that you are 11 weeks old in these photos....and wearing the ladybug outfit you came home from the hospital in! Don't worry, you have grown....that outfit was just super big when you came home. But it's so darn cute!! Credit to Grandma Rita. 

Now onto the rest of week 11. Here you are doing some tummy time. Getting pretty good with holding up that head! 


Little hints of smiles talking to Mom.

You held your own bottle pretty good during this feeding. It started to fall right as I took the picture. I just need to send you to Grandpa Ron.....he taught Parker how to hold his bottle. And Conner taught Grandpa how to change a diaper so you two should be set! 

Bathtime snuggles - you are squeaky clean! 

Honoring Curtis Stinson - I just need to find you a sweatband. You liked this outfit because that collar sticks up enough that you could suck on it. This was one of your cousins' outfits. 

Whew!! What a week!! Forgot to mention Mom cried some more this week....she really didn't want to go back to work. But we sure had fun playing, shopping, meeting Dad for lunch, and enjoying our time together this week! 

1 comment:

  1. I'm with you - love the cake!!! Love reading your blog!

    ReplyDelete