Tuesday, August 9, 2016

First Day of Daycare & Work

Well the day we both dreaded finally came. July 21st. I had to go back to work and Addison had to start daycare. There were a lot of tears in my last month of maternity leave. I've been at work almost 3 weeks now and there are still some tears! Good part is, I have absolutely no concerns about the kind of care she is getting at daycare. We have an in-home daycare two blocks from our house. Her name is Shannon and she is awesome. She was the first daycare we looked at but didn't have an opening. We looked at a lot of daycares and walked away from each one saying "that was okay but I think Shannon would be better". I did lots of praying and wishful hoping that something would luck out for us. I kept in touch with Shannon to say we are still interested if something opens up. It was the middle of June and we had just had a meeting with a daycare with a 120 pound German Shepard that "just loves the kids" (Uh, no thank you). I was stressing out and we were at the point where we thought we needed to just pick a center to start with and keep looking. I got a message from Shannon saying she had an opening. I cried. Haha! I was so happy and it was a HUGE weight off my shoulders! Ryan and I couldn't believe it and were ready to run a deposit check to her right away. She has been there almost 3 weeks and it's going great! 

Ryan has been doing the majority of drop-offs right now. Here she is on the first day. Very excited you can see :) 



Shannon sent us these two pictures on the first day. She liked the bouncer chair a lot, was very content. There are a total of 5 kids at daycare. Addison at 3 months, Emmy at 6 months, Bryce & Becca (twins) at 13 months and Carly at 16 months. WOW. Shannon has her hands full! 

I started on a Thursday so I only had two days until a weekend. Those two days went well. I missed chatting with my supervisor Lexi. She has a 6 month old baby. I really do love my job so part of me was excited to get back at it. The first week was definitely easier than the second week!! But my siblings tell me soon I will be picking her up a minute before daycare closes and some weekends praying for Monday to come! haha. I think I'm a long ways from that, but we will see! 

Oh I forgot to mention that Shannon has a yorkie named Harley who hangs out with the kids. She barks every day at pick-up because she doesn't like when people leave. She is very sweet and I'm very glad Addison gets to be around a dog since Ryan won't let us have one. I can't wait until Addison is old enough to ask for a dog...I'm praying Ryan can't say no to her! haha :)  

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like it was meant to be for your daycare! Happy to hear how it all worked out! :)

    ReplyDelete