Saturday, March 21, 2020

Baseball in the yard


Boy I sure hope this kid loves baseball/softball as much as I do :) It was by far my best sport in high school. 


We worked on keeping our eye on the ball and hitting it off the tee. She was still a little short for the tee so hopefully this summer will be better. I was trying to show her how to stand, keep our eye on the ball, and connect the bat to the ball and she was fielding my hits. Apparently I had a little too much power and whizzed a line drive right past her ear and across the street - ha! I think it went so fast she didn't even see it, otherwise there was no chance I was getting her to keep playing!! I would have felt so bad if it hit her in the face......whew. 




Sometimes we just forget the tee and try to pitch to her. One of our favorite memories of Brayden is when he was at our house when he was about 2 years old. Landon was pitching to him in our living room. We thought Landon was crazy, no way this kid could hit the ball. He missed the first couple pitches then Landon sternly said "Brayden. Keep your eye on the ball". Next pitch, Brayden smoked it and it bounced off 2 walls in our living room. Ha!

No comments:

Post a Comment