Thursday, July 28, 2016

Week 8

I'm slowing catching up! Now onto week 8. She was changing so much at this time! We found girl jammies (see below) in Makena's tub of clothes. Addison doesn't mind being dressed as a boy. I answered the door one day when she had boy jammies on. The lady said "oh what a cute little boy!" Yup :) haha. Last night she had blue jammies on with a car on them, and Ryan kept singing the "Napa Know-How" song to her because he thought she should work at Napa. 


It's Bumbo Time!! At week 8 I got the bumbo out to see if she could sit. She did really good! Well, by "good" I mean a lot better than I expected. When we do bumbo time, Ryan likes to say to her "look at dumbo in the bumbo" Don't worry, Addison, I slap him when he says that! 


She looks so bald in this pictures!! She really does have hair :) 


Celebrating 2 months! 
What we did not celebrate was the 2 months shots :( She got two shots in one leg, one shot in the other, and took one orally. Oh boy did she cry. We had never seen her face so red or heard her scream so loud. But the nurse was super quick. Oh the big tears. It made me tear up to see those big tears. I told Ryan the only good thing was that she never really had tears so then I knew her tear ducts worked! Here are her stats from her appointment:
Height: 23 1/4 inches
Weight: 11.5 pounds
Circumference of Head: 87th percentile
Weight: 38th percentile
Length: 50th percentile

We don't think she has a big head at all so we think the nurse measured wrong :) ha! Everything went well at the appointment. The doctor was impressed with how strong her legs are and how she likes to "stand". Ryan has her stand on his lap a lot and she enjoys it. Doctor said the shape of her head was looking good. She likes to turn to the right, so we have been working with her to get her to look left. All in all it was a good appointment! She did not get a fever and really wasn't too fussy after the shots. Ryan kept telling her that she's strong and tough, I think that helped :) 


You can see some 2 month stats on her sign in the picture. The kid is really pretty happy, I couldn't think of much for dislikes. Maybe I could have said "When the food doesn't come fast enough". She screams the whole way down the stairs and while I make the bottle in the middle of the night......


Comparing her to Gwen! 


Alright so I just said she's a happy baby......then I saw this picture. Yup she was pretty mad this afternoon!! I can't remember why she is only wearing a white t-shirt, but I think this was the day we went through two outfits with blow-outs and I gave up. I hate it when she's mad or upset, but that lower lip is so stinking cute! Sometimes I laugh when it comes out then I feel bad. But it's adorable. We still weren't really seeing tears at this point when she cried. Except after the shots! 


Ahh The Unicorn Song. We love the Unicorn Song. I sing it to her a lot. See look, it calmed her down :) HA! This day we sang for about an hour. She calmed down before then, but I kept finding Taylor songs or N'Sync or Kenny songs I wanted to sing. I told Ryan I think my singing sometimes helps calm her down because she had to listen to me sing for about 1.5 hours every day driving back and forth to work! 

It's wedding time! Saturday June 18 was the day Addison attended her first wedding. My cousin Scott married Kaitlyn (who we love, good choice Scott!). Kaitlyn attended our wedding and met the family for the first time. And of all the people at our wedding, both Ryan and I spent some time, individually, talking to Kaitlyn. The next day I said to Ryan, "I talked to Scott's girlfriend quite a bit, I really like her" and Ryan said "Me too! I talked to her alot too".  We just laughed because normally the bride and groom are busy most people don't get to talk to them. Apparently we knew Kaitlyn was going to be cool so we had to make time to talk to her :) 


Erin & Brandon with Addison. Addison got hungry during the ceremony and Ryan and I were desperately trying to find somewhere to change and feed her. There was seriously no other rooms in the church. Just the entry way and the sanctuary. So we went across the street to the school! 

 Sleepy baby at the reception. 

Addison with her Great-Great-Aunt Maxine and Great-Great-Uncle Paul. Maxine was my Grandpa Julius' sister. Addison was pretty warm in her dress so unfortunately she's fussy in this picture. But I still like it! It was great to see Paul & Maxine. 


Addison was a little happier here :) 


Family picture! 


Got a good picture in her cute little dress before we changed her a onesie and let her kick freely. She gets tired of being held all the time and she was pretty warm. 


Just the boys - everyone in a different shade of blue

Two cool guys. I think right after this, Grandpa Ron had to time Brayden running to a light pole and back. Unfortunately Brayden got the Julius speed (or lack there of). But the important part is that he thinks he's super fast. He no longer runs with a chicken wing sticking out either. That was pretty cute though. 

We laid her on a couch in the lobby of the hotel and let her play. We got tons and tons of smiles that day!! Great big smiles, where we could see her one dimple. Can't catch the one big dimple on camera very well. It was so fun to see all those smiles! It was happy event to be smiling about :) Congrats Scott and Kaitlyn!! 
(By the way Addison, I know this won't surprise you but your dad ate 3 cupcakes at the wedding.....and brought one home! He loves some cake :) ) 

No comments:

Post a Comment