Friday, July 22, 2016

Week 7 - Weekend with the Lents'

Week 7! At this point I was depressed that maternity leave was over half over. Couldn't believe it and it didn't make me happy. But I kept telling myself to make the most out of the rest of the time! So we went and got our pictures taken in a big fluffy dress at Target :) Ha! I loved the big fluffy dress and Addison didn't seem to mind. I considered this our 4th of July pictures :) We love America around here.
 

This post is full of pictures! I'm not sure why I feel like I need to include so many pictures of her when I will be making Shutterfly scrapbooks.

We snuggled after a bath. Sometimes we are happy after the bath but sometimes we are mad. This day we were happy :)
 
 
We got to see Lacey, Wes, & Winston! They were in town for a wedding, it was great to see them. Wes brought us the tiniest bottle of hot sauce you would ever see. Ridiculously small. Little did he know that we had purchased the largest bottle of hot sauce ever for his wedding two weeks later :) ha!
 
Winston & Henry both wanted to snack on those tiny toes :)

 
Addison's first walk to Casey's to pick up donuts.

 
USA!! This was one of our favorite outfits. Our sister-in-law Lori's mom, Becky sent it to her. Becky said she couldn't resist the ruffles. We love the ruffles! She's actually wearing this outfit as I write this entry, ha!
 
Brothers with their kids.

 
So we went to this Gadget tradeshow. We thought it might be interesting. It was pathetic. This was the best booth. I can't remember the names of the little creatures, "sugar" something. Little chipmunk looking things that could "fly". Nolan was enthralled.

 
We hung out with the Lents family that night at Ryan's cousin Erica's house. We saw this sign that says "You get what you get and you don't throw a fit". We laughed as we heard our nephew Brayden tell Landon this when Landon was arguing with him about breakfast one morning. Brayden said it so adult-like and straight-faced. Ryan and I still crack up about it! That kid is funny.

 
Brad, Lori, & Nolan were visiting from San Diego. Nolan was okay with Addison, as long as Brad and Lori were at least 10 feet away from her......

 
Yup this is what happened if Brad or Lori held her! It was too funny. Even if they touched her you could see his face change. Kid just loves his mom and dad!!
 
 
Ryan and Addison. Just a hint of a small smile.

Ryan's dad Dale, Grandma Marie, Ryan, and Grandpa Don

Grandma Evonne, Nolan, Grandpa Dale, and Addison

Nolan liked riding Addison's bunny. He LOVED her swing, but I don't have any pictures of that. He would do a belly flop into the swing and swing real fast. And sometimes he would surf on his knees. It was quite entertaining!
 
We went to the Iowa Hall of Pride exhibit and found some arcade games. Here is a picture of Ryan with the football game. Wish we had a picture of the scoreboard from our basketball game. I schooled Ryan. He was surprised. I'm not sure why, I'm pretty good.

This kid couldn't have cared less about the footballs. Or the games. He was in a daze watching his mom and dad play the Dance Dance Revolution game.
 
 
Addison's first picture with Fred.

 
Veronica was excited to hold Addison. She had come to visit a couple weeks before but was excited to hold her again. While we were chatting she says to me "My mom and Ally would be so jealous if they knew I was holding her". Ha!


Lori & Addison at lunch

 
First family picture after the hospital! We visited Grandpa Dale & Grandma Evonne's farm. Nolan got to ride in a tractor and was pretty happy. It was a pretty good weekend with the Lents family. We will see Brad, Lori & Nolan at Christmas and the kids will have changed so much!
 
 

 

2 comments:

  1. She is so smart - already a cyclone and loves Caseys. My kind of girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that we made the blog! I'm catching up tonight!! Love this!

    ReplyDelete