Monday, June 27, 2022

Movie Theater!


This was an exciting day for the Lents family......first time taking Addison to the movie theater! We were going to go to Trolls World Tour for her 4th birthday. I will insert a commonly used phrase here "But then COVID hit" Ha! Ugh. 


Super dark photo, but it's me, Addison & Ryan. Grandma Rita & Grandpa Ron were nice enough to babysit Mason for us so we could enjoy the afternoon at the theater. We of course got a giant thing of popcorn and snuck in our own pop :) 

Things had changed at the movie theater in the probably 8 years since we had been. Giant comfy reclining chairs. But it was FREEZING in there. Addison alternated from my lap to Ryan's trying to keep us all warm!! I was looking at the Ankeny movie theater online the other day and I see they have heated seats (brilliant). 

Anyways, we went to Sing 2 and Addison thought it was great. She keeps asking to go to another movie. Every time she sees Sing 2 at daycare, school, or a commercial on TV, she reminds us we saw it in the movie theater. Her daycare was supposed to go to the movie in Ankeny last week (and it was Trolls 2) and the older kids said they didn't want to see that movie. I felt bad for Addison, she was soooo disappointed. They instead did a "drive-in" where they took cardboard boxes and decorated them and then the daycare ironically rented Sing 2. haha! She had fun but I promised we would take her to the theater sometime. 


Grandma Rita gave Addison $10 to buy some ice cream at DQ after the movie. We shared 2 blizzards and Addison was pretty excited. It was a great afternoon with our girl, but on our way back to get Mason she says "I really miss Mason". Ha! Two and a half hours without Mason and she was ready to see him again :) 


They were throwing things out at work and this giant calculator was in the pile. So I brought it home for Addison. She loved it. She has her notebook and calculator and was getting her work done. 


One of many photos of our little dude's luscious locks. Ha! We loved that long hair. 

I can't remember exactly what time I took this, I think it was about 2pm. I took this photo because school was canceled due to a big snow storm. Yea...... it didn't snow until after school would have gotten out. Ha! Addison chose to go to daycare that day but still. A waste of a snow day!! 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment