Saturday, June 1, 2019

The Alamo Bowl


So as always when ISU is in post-season play, Ryan and I debate long and hard if we should go. We had told ourselves that we shouldn't spend the money since we were going to Italy. Then we found out my siblings and my dad were going just because it was the Alamo Bowl. Well of course, I didn't want to miss out, so we decided I would go and Ryan would stay home. His family had Christmas over that weekend too. So we had committed that I was going with my family, THEN, I get an email from work asking me if I want to go. I was so excited. My position isn't even in the policy to get a chance to go! I couldn't say no. First, it was a free trip. Second, it was a great chance for me to see how my work runs the pep rallies and events outside the Alumni Center. Third, I was scared if I said no that they wouldn't ask again!  


I apparently didn't take pictures of the pep rally, but my main job was setting up big Cy. I don't know the exact number, but he's about 20 feet tall. Then I handed out hundreds of beads. I'm amazed at how demanding and impatient people get over free beads! Ha! 


Ryan found the Busch Light guy at the football game. We kept hearing he was in San Antonio and Ryan found him, without the rest of us. So he had to take a photo for proof. 


Leaving the bar one night Landon wanted me to take his photo with the Busch Light Truck. It was a big deal that Cyclone Fans love their Busch Light and the past few years cities run out of beer for us. So Busch Light kept promising us that there would be enough. We were at a bar and they ran out, so Landon and Ryan tweeted at Busch Light and some Cyclone personalities and ten minutes later, the bar had Busch Light again. Ha! 


I was working but I was able to get a little free time to spend with my family. This was about the only photo we got. My sisters and dad were there too :) 


Addison stayed home with Grandma Rita for a few days, while Ryan's family stayed at our house. Addison then spent 1 day with them before we got home. Ryan and I got home later on Saturday and we had our Lents Christmas that night then everyone went home the next morning! 

No comments:

Post a Comment