Sunday, September 17, 2023

Manatees and the Shell Factory




We made a trip to The Shell Factory again this trip. The zoo part was closed because of Ian, but we played in the store for a while. And Mason, Addison, and I picked out Christmas ornaments as souvenirs. 


These ride ons are 25 cents, a steal! The kids love these things! 

Pictures with the creepy statues. 

On our way back to the house, we stopped at Manatee Park..... in hopes to see manatees this time! We were at the very beginning of their season in this little cove. Probably about a week off of really seeing lots. But we did see some! I was so excited. I always liked manatees since we learned about them in school soooo long ago. I saw them at Sea World as a kid and bought a manatee key chain for my bag. Ha! It was hard to see them, you had to know what you were looking for. Addison saw them, but not sure about Mason. But I was pretty excited! 


The pool was warm enough for me to get in. Ha! 



Smuggler's Cove mini golf! 


Dressed in Black (had to send this one to Tracey!)


They were stuck in the tower. 


 Then we went to get my free birthday burger from Red Robin. We ordered them a kids meal to share. They got two straws to share a milk too. They thought this was soooo funny! 

I'm not sure if I mentioned yet, 3 of the 4 of us were sick on this trip. Addison got strep throat the night before we left and I had to rush to get her in for a strep test. Got the anti-biotics the same day we left. She recovered super quick, but then I got sick. I was miserable! And Mason got sick. Bad cough, feeling yucky, and had a high fever once in the middle of the night. But we took lots of medicine in the morning and went out for the day. It didn't keep us down!! We ate lots of popsicles :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment