Sunday, April 7, 2019

Christmas Eve


We thought we got to church early on Christmas Eve, but apparently our definition is different than other people's. The main santuary was already full and we went to the lower level. Which actually was okay, it made our 3 trips to the restroom a little easier.

We may not have gotten the seats we wanted, but we DID get cookies :) The cookie table was busy, so I just grabbed 3 that I knew we would eat. Of course there was one that we all had our eye on.... guess who got that one. I know you are probably thinking Ryan, but nope, Addison got it. I think he really debated stealing it from her.... and if I wasn't there, he probably would have - ha! Just kidding (maybe). She was super excited for her cookie.


She was actually more excited for the candles. We did let her have her own candle (yes the church is still standing). In the 3 verses of Silent Night, she probably blew out and re-lit her candle 12-15 times. haha! And no Mom, we did not get wax on our coats. Growing up, my mom always got worked up about candles in church because when people blew them out, wax could get on your clothes or coat. haha!



We had a great afternoon/evening at home, just the 3 of us. I didn't do any cleaning, dishes, laundry, etc. We just hung out, played games, and then watched the cartoon Grinch. Then we got our cookies out of the freezer and made a plate for Santa. Addison was super excited. 


Although while we were putting them out, we realized we didn't explain the process. She heard "cookies" and had a one track mind. I had gotten some cookies out of the freezer and went back to the garage and heard Ryan say "No No No!!!" and I ran back inside. Just in time for the lip to come out Addison to start crying. She picked up a cookie to eat it and Ryan freaked out - haha! In hindsight he realized it wasn't that big of a deal if she ate Santa's cookie, but in the moment he apparently thought it was a big deal. She was so confused and upset - what do you mean you put all these cookies in front of me and make me smile and I don't get to eat one?? Of course, I let her have one after that!  





We thought she was so cute with her Merry Christmas and Ho Ho Ho :)

Then we left Santa a note that Addison dictated:

Of course I made her pose like she was writing - haha!

No comments:

Post a Comment