Tuesday, September 27, 2022

Coming home from Florida



So after the Splash Pad, we stopped at the house to change and get our stuff to go up to the big pool and swim. Well, I was packing the bags and Addison was going to the bathroom. Addison was washing her hands and Mason climbed up on the stool behind her. Then I heard screaming and crying. Mason had fallen off the stool and hit his mouth on the edge of the stool. And had a mouth full of blood. :( 



So I was trying to get Mason's blood cleaned up, figure out what happened and calm him down. Then I saw a hole in the front. He had lost a tooth. :( UGH. Ryan found it on the bathroom rug. There was some definite chaos going on! I immediately called Tracey, as she has dealt with this with Conner. She told us to call our dentist at home. I spoke with a wonderful receptionist who was very calm and told me his kid had knocked out teeth too. They asked if we had any concerns with a head injury (no, thank goodness). They had the dentist call me back and he called back very quickly. Ultimately, we had no other concerns, we sent the dentist some pictures that he was able to look at. Thank goodness for COVID and being able to text pictures now! 

It was an incredibly stressful night, but he did okay. He slept right away after from all the stress, then woke up and wanted to eat. He ate mac & cheese, mashed potatoes, and a whole bunch of other soft foods.  


It was stressful trying to come up with enough soft foods to keep this kid happy. He's not big into yogurt and applesauce, so it wasn't easy! We were flying out at 6am, so I made some Mickey Mouse waffles and took them to the airport. 


This is how the kids slept on the plane. 



Happy boy on the airplane, I was trying to get good pictures of his missing tooth to send the dentist again. 

We got home on a Friday and Addison and I went to Fareway looking for soft foods to feed Mason. I told her she is going to have to be a really good big sister and help us take care of Mason. She really wanted Bomb pops, so she said "I will be really really good helping with Mason for the next year if I can have Bomb pops". Ha! I was thinking 'for the weekend' but she promised a whole year so you can bet she got Bomb pops! Hahah
 

No comments:

Post a Comment